Wednesday 22 June 2011

CPD23 - just started

I work as an Information Manager for a high profile social enterprise that assists people back to work after they have been away from the labour market for sometime.  I set up and now maintain a database of organisations and information sources to which our advisors can refer our clients.  These include training providers, careers information, childcare information as well as all kinds of other information that can help our clients get back to work.  I also do referrals on behalf of our advisors, particularly the harder ones such as finding out how to become a chocolatier or how to set up a social enterprise.

I have completed the OU CPD course on Web 2.0 and I now want to learn more about blogging, wikis and social networks so that I can use them for our information service.

I looked at Thing 1 on the 23 Things course and setting up a blog is the first task.  I decided to try Blogger as I am starting to use Wordpress for my personal blog and wanted to get experience of a different platform.  It is a bit confusing but I am sure I will get used to it.

Just really pleased to have got started!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - your job sounds really interesting and varied! I'm also using blogger after a little experience on wordpress and finding it a bit confusing too! Good luck with CPD23.

    ReplyDelete